Geoffrey Version 3.3
Today I am 33. On previous birthdays I’ve compiled lists on this blog pertaining to the changes I’ve wanted to make in my life for the year. Like new year’s resolutions really, except starting at the beginning of my year. Let’s see what this year has in store for me:
Geoffrey Version 3.3
1) Work. Create or acquire steady employment in a field pertinent to my interests, training and passion. I’ve spent too much of my life working jobs that have wreaked havoc on both my mental state and physical health solely for the benefit of other people who felt it was important that I have *any* job. I will never do that again. If I can’t get up for work in the morning without dreading my day, I will not take the job. I have several projects in the works that, if all goes well, will create a revenue stream for me.
2) Eating properly. I started this a while ago actually and it’s working well. I have no intention of stopping now. Please don’t be offended if I decline food options you may offer me, it’s nothing personal, but I’ve found what works for me and I’ll be sticking to it.
3) The Gym. I am now going to the gym 5 days a week. I intend to continue this into the foreseeable future. Perhaps when I reach my goal weight I will ease off to 3 times a week for maintenance.
4) Focus and Drive. A major problem for me has always been focus. There are just too many things that I want to be doing, and not enough time in the day to do them all. I often fall victim to the mentality of “Well if I can’t do everything, I won’t do anything” which leads to a cycle of having too much to do and not enough time to do it in. This year I’m going to be brutal with my projects and focus. I will limit myself to a few attainable goals at a time and pour my focus and attention on to only those projects until they are completed.
5) Clothes. This one has appeared on previous lists, but it still holds true for me. It’s (almost) time to step it up appearance wise and start presenting a more polished front. My weight-loss efforts have been showing some pretty good results and I hope that by the end of the calendar year I will be approaching my goal weight and ready to start looking in to putting together a wardrobe that doesn’t consist solely of nerdy t-shirts and old jeans.
6) Nonstop Pop. The comic has been on hiatus for far too long. I intend to have NSP up and running again by May.
7) Relationships. My history with relationships is rocky at best. I’m tired of constantly chasing. I’ve got plenty of other things to worry about. If someone finds me, well that’s cool, and it might be interesting to be on that side of the equation for once, but I’m not going to worry about finding someone anymore. It’ll happen when it happens.
So that’s Geoffrey 3.3
And this is me at yesterday’s toy show:
I’m the one that’s not a baby.